Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Medical migration and the physician workforce.Int Med graduates Am Med. 1995; 273 (JAMA): 1521-1527
- The importance of international medical graduates in the United States.Ann Intern Med. 2017; 166: 840-841
- Immigration Employment Compliance Handbook.Thomson Reuters, Westlaw, Chapters 1 and 4, Eagan, MN2020
- Denying visas to Doctors in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 889-890
- Perspective: the need for practice socialization of international medical graduates--an exemplar from pain medicine.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 571-574
- Nephrology fellows' Survey.https://www.asn-online.org/workforce/Date: 2019Date accessed: April 12, 2020
- Nephrology workforce Crisis: Don't Forget international medical graduates (IMG).https://ajkdblog.org/2014/12/11/nephrology-workforce-crisis-dont-forget-international-medical-graduates-img/Date accessed: April 12, 2020
- Why are international medical graduates not choosing nephrology?.https://www.kidneynews.org/kidney-news/learning-continuum/why-are-international-medical-graduates-not-choosing-nephrologyDate accessed: April 12, 2020
- International medical graduates in nephrology: Roles, rules, and Future Risks.Am J Kidney Dis. 2018; 72: 113-117
- J-1 visa.https://j1visa.state.gov/Date accessed: April 12, 2020
- H-1B Handbook.Thomson Reuters, Westlaw, Chapters 1 - 5, Eagan, MN2020
- The Politics of Skilled immigration: Explaining the ups and Downs of the US H-1B visa program.Int Migration Rev. 2019; 53: 346-370
- Grants and funding: transition to independence.https://www.asn-online.org/grants/tig/Date accessed: April 12, 2020
- Research grants.https://www.kidney.org/professionals/research/awardsDate accessed: April 12, 2020
- Research and grants.https://professional.diabetes.org/research-grantsDate accessed: April 12, 2020
- Research programs.https://professional.heart.org/professional/ResearchPrograms/UCM_316889_Research.jspDate accessed: April 12, 2020
- Research funding.https://pkdcure.org/research-medical-professionals/research-funding/apply-for-funding/Date accessed: April 12, 2020
- Chapter 45 Waiver of Section 212(e) Foreign Residence Requirement)https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-19459.htmlDate accessed: April 12, 2020 (
- Conrad 30 waiver program.https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/conrad-30-waiver-programDate accessed: April 12, 2020
- J-1 visa waivers.https://www.arc.gov/program_areas/J1VisaWaivers.aspDate accessed: April 12, 2020
- Delta Doctors.https://dra.gov/initiatives/promoting-a-healthy-delta/delta-doctors-how-to-apply/Date accessed: April 12, 2020
- Research scholar program.https://j1visa.state.gov/programs/research-scholarDate accessed: April 12, 2020
- Clinical scientist in nephrology program.https://www.kidneyfund.org/training/clinical-scientist-in-nephrology/#learn-more-about-the-CSN-programDate accessed: April 12, 2020
Financial Disclosure: All authors considered themselves international medical graduates and entered the US for training on either J-1 or H-1B visas. All authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Support: See Acknowledgment(s) on page 304.