Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Overcoming legal and social barriers to integrative medicine.Medical Law Int. 2004; 6: 339-393
- Negotiating integrative medicine.Negotiation J. 2004; 30: 409-433
- Integrating complementary and alternative medical therapies in conventional medical settings.Cinn L Rev. 2004; 72: 671-729
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD1998
- Healing at the borderland of medicine and religion.J Law Relig. 2004; 18: 373-426
- Credentialing complementary and alternative medical providers.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 137: 965-973
American Medical Association. Liability Insurance Requirements. Available at http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/print/4544.html. Accessed March, 9, 2004.
Federation of State Medical Boards, Model Guidelines for Physician Use of Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Medical Practice. Available at: www.fsmb.org. Accessed February 5, 2004.
- Medical malpractice implications of alternative medicine.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1620-1625
- Potential physician malpractice liability associated with complementary/integrative medical therapies.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 136: 596-603
- Legal issues in integration of complementary therapies into cardiology.in: Frishman W.H. Weintraub M.I. Micozzi M.S. Complementary and Integrative Therapies for Cardiovascular Disease. Elsevier, New York, NY2004: 20-55
- What do herbalists suggest to diabetic patients in order to improve glycemic control? Evaluation of scientific evidence and potential risks.Acta Diabetol. 2004; 41: 91-98
- NIH Technology Assessment Statement. Integration of Behavioral and Relaxation Approaches into the Treatment of Chronic Pain and Insomnia. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD1995 (NIH Pub #PB96113964)
- Herbs and the kidney.Am J Kidney Dis. 2004; 44: 1-11
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the United States. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2005
- Medical board prohibitions against physician supplements sales.Altern Complement Ther. 2000; 6: 226-236
Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 4731.22 (18)
- Informed consent in complementary and alternative medicine.Arch Intern Med. 2001; 161: 2288-2292
- Second thoughts about safety of St John’s wort.Lancet. 1999; 354: 2014-2016
- Indinavir concentrations and St John’s wort.Lancet. 2000; 355: 547-548
Moore v Baker (98 F.2d 1129 [11th Cir 1993])
- Ethical considerations of complementary and alternative medical therapies in conventional medical settings.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 137: 660-664
- Current issues in the psychiatrist-patient relationship.Pace Law Rev. 2000; 20: 231-262
- University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, MI2000: 47-58 Beyond Complementary Medicine Legal and Ethical Perspectives on Health Care and Human Evolution.
- Physician communication skills and malpractice claims. A complex relationship.West J Med. 1989; 150: 356-360
- Abandonment of patients in split treatment.Harvard Rev Psychiatry. 2003; 11: 175-179
Schneider v Revici 817 Federal Reporter 2d 987 (2d Cir 1987)
Charell v Gonzales (660 New York Supplement 2d 665, 668 [S.Ct., N.Y. County, 1997]), affirmed and modified to vacate punitive damages award, 673 New York Supplement 2d 685 (App Div, 1st Dept, 1998), reargument denied, appeal denied, 1998 New York Appellate Division LEXIS 10711 (App. Div., 1st Dept., 1998), appeal denied, 706 Northeastern Reporter 2d 1211 (1998)
Tunkl v Regents of the Univ of Calif (383 Pacific Reporter 2d 441 [Cal 1963])
Federation of State Medical Boards: Model Guidelines for Physician Use of Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Medical Practice. Available at: www.fsmb.org. Accessed February, 05, 2004.
- It won’t hurt you one bit.The Times (London). 2002; (June 24)
- Legal issues in integrative medicine. National Acupuncture Foundation, Gig Harbor, WA2005
Supported by grants from the Greenwall Foundation and the Rudolph Steiner Foundation.