Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Angood P, Birk S. ACPE White Paper: The value of physician leadership. Available at: https://www2.physicianleaders.org/docs/default-source/special-reports/the-value-of-physician-leadership.pdf. Tampa, FL: American College of Physicians Executives. Published 2014. Accessed September 30, 2017.
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations.Leadership Challenge, A Wiley Brand, San Francisco, CA2017
Boss J. 6 truths on why introverts make great leaders. Entrepreneur. Available at: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/251177. Published October 2, 2015. Accessed September 27, 2017.
Mayer JD, Salovey P. What is emotional intelligence? In: Salovey P, Sluyter DJ, eds. Emotional Development and Emotional Intelligence. Educational Implications. New York, NY: BasicBooks; 1997. Available at: http://ei.yale.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/pub219_Mayer_Salovey_1997.pdf. Accessed October 2, 2017.
- Healthcare leadership “outliers”: an analysis of Senior administrators from the top U.S. hospitals.J Health Adm Educ. 2010; 27: 87-97
- The effectiveness of managerial leadership development programs: a meta-analysis of studies from 1982 to 2001.Hum Resource Dev Q. 2004; 15: 217-248
Horsager D. You can't be a great leader without trust – Here's how you build it. Forbes. Available at: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2012/10/24/you-cant-be-a-great-leader-without-trust-heres-how-you-build-it/#3bf683ef4ef7. Published October 24, 2012. Accessed September 14, 2017.
Myatt M. 10 communication secrets of great leaders. Forbes. Available at: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemyatt/2012/04/04/10-communication-secrets-of-great-leaders/#1eee663722fe. Published April 4, 2012. Accessed October 2, 2017.
- Survey of individual and institutional risk associated with the use of social media.West J Emerg Med. 2016; 17: 344-349
- Exploring leadership competencies in established and aspiring physician leaders: an interview-based study.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 748-754
- Perspective on nephrology fellowship in the United States.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017; 12: 1714
- The evolving role of the medical director of a dialysis facility.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015; 10: 326-330
Leslie J. Why you have to be a politician at your job. Forbes. Available at: https://www.forbes.com/2010/05/25/office-politics-psychology-leadership-managing-ccl.html. Published May 26, 2010. Accessed September 19, 2017.
Quinn RW, Quinn RE. Change management and leadership development have to mesh. Harvard Business Review. Available at: https://hbr.org/2016/01/change-management-and-leadership-development-have-to-mesh. Published January 7, 2016. Accessed March 2, 2018.
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.