Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- World Kidney Day Steering Committee. Burden, Access, and Disparities in Kidney Disease..Kidney Int Rep. 2019; 4: 372-379
- Racial disparities in kidney disease outcomes.Semin Nephrol. 2013; 33: 409-415
- Racial differences in the Incidence of treatment for end-stage renal disease.N Engl J Med. 2010; 306: 1276-1279
- Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present.Harlem Moon, New York2006
- No Humans involved: an Open Letter to My Colleagues.in: 1st. Knowledge for the 21st ed Century. 1. Institute N.H.I., Stanford, CT1994: 42-73
- Racial Biology and Medical Misconceptions.N Engl J Med. 2022; 386: 501-503
- What’s Wrong with race-based medicine?.Minn J L Sci Technol. 2011; 12: 1-21
- Evaluating the Impact and Rationale of Race-Specific Estimations of Kidney Function: Estimations from U.S. NHANES, 2015-2018.EClinicalMedicine. 2021; 42
- From Diversity and Inclusion to Antiracism in Medical Training Institutions.Acad Med J Assoc Am Med Coll. 2021; 96: 798-801
- Abolish race correction.Lancet. 2021; 397: 17-18
- The transtheoretical model of health behavior change.Am J Health Promot AJHP. 1997; 12: 38-48
- Psychological safety, the hidden curriculum, and ambiguity in medicine.Clin Rheumatol. 2020; 39: 667-671
- In the “Shadow of shame”: a Phenomenological Exploration of the Nature of Shame Experiences in Medical Students.Acad Med. 2021; 96: S23-S30
- Perceiving the community norms of alcohol use among students: some research implications for campus alcohol education programming.Int J Addict. 1986; 21: 961-976
Amuzie, Adaure U., and Justin L. Jia. “Supporting Students of Color: Balancing the Challenges of Activism and the Minority Tax.” Academic Medicine 96, no. 6 (June 2021): 773. https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0000000000004052.
Johnson, Tyrone. “The Minority Tax: An Unseen Plight of Diversity in Medical Education.” in-Training: the agora of the medical student community, December 12, 2017. https://in-training.org/minority-tax-unseen-plight-diversity-medical-education-intern-piece-features-15570.
Rodríguez, José E, Kendall M. Campbell, and Linda H. Pololi. “Addressing Disparities in Academic Medicine: What of the Minority Tax?” BMC Medical Education 15, no. 1 (February 1, 2015): 6. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-015-0290-9.
- A theory of organizational readiness for change.Implement Sci. 2009; 4
- Condemning and condoning racism: A social context approach to interracial settings.J Appl Psychol. 1994; 79: 993-997
- Positioning change readiness in knowledge management research.J Knowl Manag. 2012; 16: 329-355
- USMLE review focuses on patient individuality.https://www.usmle.org/usmle-review-focuses-patient-individualityDate: 2019Date accessed: September 29, 2022
- A Unifying Approach for GFR Estimation: Recommendations of the NKF-ASN Task Force on Reassessing the Inclusion of Race in Diagnosing Kidney Disease.Am J Kidney Dis. 2021; 79: 268-288
- Racialized algorithms for kidney function: Erasing social experience.Soc Sci Med. 2021; 268: 113548
- A more accurate method to estimate glomerular filtration rate from serum creatinine: a new prediction equation. Modification of Diet in Renal Disease Study Group.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 461-470
- Precision in GFR reporting: Let’s Stop playing the race card.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2020; 15: 1201-1202
- Different differences: the use of ‘genetic ancestry’ versus race in biomedical human genetic research.Soc Stud Sci. 2011; 41: 5-30
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Examining the potential impact of race Multiplier Utilization in estimated glomerular filtration rate calculation on African-American care outcomes.J Gen Intern Med. 2021; 36: 464-471
- Association of the Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate With vs Without a Coefficient for Race with Time to Eligibility for kidney transplant.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4: e2034004
- The Implication of Dropping race from the MDRD Equation to Estimate GFR in an African American-only Cohort.Int J Nephrol. 2021; 2021: 1880499
- Molecular mechanisms of Injury in HIV-associated nephropathy.Front Med. 2018; 5: 177
- APOL1-Associated Nephropathy: A Key Contributor to Racial Disparities in CKD.Am J Kidney Dis. 2018; 72: S8-S16
- HIV-associated immune complex kidney disease.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2016; 12: 291-300
- Evolution of the primate trypanolytic factor APOL1.Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2014; 111: E2130-E2139
- How Reliable are Medical Textbooks?.J Grad Med Educ. 2017; 9: 550
- Glomerular Diseases.Cecil Essentials Of Medicine. 10th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2021
- The Kidney.Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease. 10th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2021
- Renal Physiology and Pathophysiology.Campbell Walsh Wein Urology. 12th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2020
- HIV-Related Medical Mistrust, HIV Testing, and HIV Risk in the National Survey on HIV in the Black Community.Behav Med. 2019; 45: 134-142
- Negro, Black, Black African, African Caribbean, African American or what? Labelling African origin populations in the health arena in the 21st century.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2005; 59: 1014-1018
- Misrepresenting Race — the Role of Medical Schools in Propagating Physician Bias.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 872-878
- Racial bias in pain assessment and treatment recommendations, and false beliefs about biological differences between blacks and whites.Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2016; 113: 4296-4301
- Implicit Racial/Ethnic Bias Among Health Care Professionals and Its Influence on Health Care Outcomes: a Systematic Review.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: e60-e76
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.